Friday, December 13, 2013

Science Labs

Second grade students have been writing science lab reports during writer's workshop.  I met with their teachers, Mrs. Siewert and Mrs. Woyahn to discuss ways to address their writing targets and some of the ISTE Standards for Students.  We decided to publish the student science lab reports into an online flip book.  I've just started using the website FlipSnack EDU this year and I love how easy it is to use.

Student's writer's notebook

After the students wrote a few experiments, they chose one they wanted to publish. With the teachers' help I came up with a template in Google Docs that I shared with all of them.  They each made a copy and started working.



                                           

Every good science lab has a labeled illustration.  This is where we got to use one of our favorite online tools, Kerpoof. Each student drew an illustration to go with their lab.  Kerpoof gives you the option of saving your picture as a JPEG.  The students were then able to upload their pictures to their Google Drive and insert it into their science lab.

Students then shared their lab with me and I uploaded them all to my FlipSnack EDU account.  Below are the links to each classroom's book.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment