Friday, February 21, 2014

World Read Aloud Day Blogging Challenge: Week 2

The World Read Aloud Challenge for week two was to answer the following questions myself and then ask the same five questions to a student. I asked David, a 4th grader to help me out. He did a great job!
Question One:  I think everyone in the world should read…

Me: Wonder by R.J. Palacio.  I can't think of another book that does such a great job of encouraging kindness.  It is a beautiful story that everyone should read; especially children.

David: Charlotte's Web because it is a classic and E.B. White is a great author.

Question Two:  If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be…

Me:  Mo Willems.  I would love to see Mo Willems and hear him read his books.  He is my favorite author for young children.  I've heard him read aloud a little bit online and I always want to her more.

David: Bob Uecker because he has a really good announcing voice and it would sound cool for him to read aloud to me.

Question Three:  When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is…

Me:  the Pigeon from Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.  The Pigeon is so fun!

David: Percy Jackson because he is brave and takes chances to save his friends.

Question Four:  The genre or author that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is…

Me:  Adriana Trigiani.  She is my favorite adult author to read.  I also have a lot of children's books on my bookshelf.  I love to read them and I have two kids at home that love to read them, too.

David: Rick Riordan; he has written some of my favorite books I've ever read.

Question Five:  My favorite part about reading aloud or being read to is...

Me: the children's reactions to the stories they are hearing.  There is nothing better than a group of children loving a story they are hearing.

David: hearing the end of the book because you've been waiting to hear how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment