Monday, December 22, 2014

Hour of Code...Continued!

We have been coding the whole month of December! These past few weeks kindergartners, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th graders have been coding. I was really impressed with the kindergartners. I didn't know how they would do. Using Code.org's course 1,  they were coding with Angry Birds! Kindergartner, Luca, was so excited when he finished a level he exclaimed, "Now I'm going to build a computer!"


I was actually impressed with all the grades.  
They stuck with it when it got hard.  They helped each
other.  After finishing his Hour of Code in under an hour, 2nd grader Elliot shouted out, "I am the King of Code!"  Another 2nd grader, Gabby, was so excited after getting past a part she was struggling with said, "Yes!  I did it!"  

 I think we have some future computer programmers here at Magee!

Enjoy the pictures of students hard at work!







No comments:

Post a Comment